Eleven Collection is a local jewelry designed and created by Mary Anna of Brandon, MS. We will be spotlighting Mary Anna and her jewelry line, Eleven Collection, this Saturday. So, we decided to meet up with her and ask her eleven questions about herself and her jewelry line. Here’s eleven questions with Eleven Collection.
- What sparked your love for fashion and jewelry? I’ve always been a girly girl who loves dressing up! Putting together an outfit head to toe makes me so happy.
- Explain how you came up with the name Eleven Collection? And why? I really never had a set name in mind so I kinda just came up with it one day. Eleven came from Hebrews 11, the whole chapter on faith. I need all the reminders I can get to relax and have faith! I liked the word collection because in my mind I wanted to have a “collection” of items that were cute and affordable.
- Have you always been interested creating/designing jewelry?No not at all which is crazy when I think about how I’m doing that now. I actually always thought I would do something clothing related and never even considered creating jewelry. Even when I first started my business I wasn’t making my own jewelry, but ended up pursuing that route so I could make pieces that were completely unique. It’s a great creative outlet!
- Cats or Dogs? I love animals but dogs are my favorite.
- What is your favorite style jewelry right now? Currently, I am loving the choker and shorter necklace trend.
- Describe your style in 3 words? Comfortable, trendy, and basic with a twist.
- What do you hope you will accomplish with Eleven Collection? I hope it continues to grow an online presence and I would love for it to be in retailers throughout the country. It’s so fulfilling to me to have a business and to truly enjoy it. I learn something new from it everyday and I want to continue to learn from it so that no matter if I’m making jewelry in 10 years or not, I’ll be even better at whatever it is I’m doing.
- What is your favorite jewelry piece right now? At the moment, since it’s still football season, I would have to say my long maroon bulldog necklace.
- What’s your horoscope? birthday? I am aChristmas Eve baby! (Capricorn)
- What advice would you give to someone that doesn’t know how to style jewelry?Don’t overthink it, simple can go a long way, and keep a long neutral necklace as a wardrobe essential.
- Who is your favorite FRIENDS characters? Phoebe always makes me laugh.
Thanks for reading. And we hope to see you Saturday!